22. Juli 2011


I've been busy these last months. So I'm really ready to abandon my desk and leave for vacation, but before I do this, I want to show you another book I did illustrations for. It came out this month too and I like it very much. It's »Bulle und Pelle«, published by Gabriel.
It's about Bulle, a little boy, whose rabbit dies and Bulle wonders where he has gone now that he is dead. And so he goes on a little journey during which he meets different people to get an answer. It's a really touching story and I'm happy with the outcome. I especially like the cover, since it turned out exactly like the inner picture I had in mind when I read the manuscript. Here is a more detailed synopsis.

11 Kommentare:

  1. I really love your work! Colors look great! Can I ask you what medium do you use? It would be interesting for me to look at your process!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow, looks amazing yet again! You've been working hard!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Thank you both! @ Laura: Mostly I draw the outlines, scan them in and then do the colour in Photoshop. There it's often a wild layering (multiplied colour and shadow layers, sometimes with scanned-in textures etc.). I think, I will do a process post sometime, but right now I'm packing for vacation *dummdidumm* ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Super lovely, especially loving the rabbit!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Oh it´s so beautiful, I love the colour palette
    And I would like to know your process too so I can learn a bit, but happy vacations, have fun! :) you sure deserve them

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Such fabulous work!
    Amazing talent :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. love the last illustration, A LOT!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Wow, that last image is just so beautiful...

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Congratulations! This book is stunning.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. ooh, love these! That last image is really wonderful.
    Sausage and beer on a hill - looks like he's having a good time!

    AntwortenLöschen